ACLoginWidget is a tiny plugin for WordPress that automatically makes a login form for your ActiveCollab installation in your WordPress Site, in any sidebar. The widget is multi-instance capable, so you can place the login form in any sidebar you would like.
There are many options to control the functionality of the widget, including:
- Changing the text of every link and the login button
- Choosing to display the Remember Password link (14 days)
- Choosing to display a link to the Public Submit module of ActiveCollab for customers to open tickets without AC accounts
- Choosing to display the Forgot Password link
This plugin is released by Ponderwell under the GPL2 license, and is available for download:
Version 1.0 – Initial Release – 2010-05-06
The plugin is now available at in the WordPress Plugin Directory as ACLoginWidget.
- Upload the entire acloginwidget directory to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Use the Appearance -> Widgets menu to active and configure your login widget
Help / FAQ
It’s not working, the links don’t point to my ActiveCollab install
Make sure the widget is set to the full AC installation, WITH a trailing slash
I’m not able to get the Public Submit to work
Make sure in ActiveCollab, you have the Public Submit module installed and configured.
If I’m already logged in, the plugin works, but AC gives me an ‘Already Logged In’ warning.
That’s just the nature of the widget, unless it can actually tie into AC, it can’t know if you are already logged in. We hope to add some of this functionality in a future version.
Future versions may have these additional features:
- Display the RSS dashboard feed of users in ActiveCollab, if they are logged in and the cookie is accessible to the WordPress installation.
- Users logged into wordpress can specify their ActiveCollab API key in their account to feed the widget data.
- (long shot at this point) Linking of WordPress and ActiveCollab accounts